Vacancies at World Vision Kenya
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations / View Jobs at World Vision Kenya
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer – Tumikia Mtoto Prjt
Purpose of position:
- The position holder will be responsible for the day-to-day tracking and reporting of project activities to measure the project’s impact and progress, by ensuring that data is readily available to be used as a foundation for programmatic adjustments and evidence-based decision-making. They will be required to Implement and update project M & E Plan and PMP including identifying appropriate indicators and design of data collection tools for the project to collect and report on data to measure performance and achievement of project objectives.
Project Assessment, Monitoring, Reporting & Evaluation 40%
- Support in the operationalization the project M&E system and interfacing it existing World Vision Kenya (WVK) system.
- Ensure verified programmatic data that is compliant with all PEPFAR/OGAC/USAID reporting requirements for DATIM, EMR and SIMS, is entered into the MEL system
- Support in the maintenance of a comprehensive and updated database for tracked indicators according to USAID requirements
- Work closely and support LIPs by ensuring accurate and timely data is entered into project reporting systems.
- Monitor project implementation as per assigned county and LIPs
- Support in carrying out baselines, Evaluations and any other project surveys
- Support the development and implementation of data collection tools
- Ensure timely, quality tracking and documentation of the beneficiaries and progress of OVC and AGYW
- Systematically collect, validate, and analyze data and ensure that it is accurate and of the highest quality by conducting regular data quality assessments and verifications and inputting into established systems e.g. CPMIS and Horizon.
- Ensure timely dissemination of monitoring data to key stakeholders for management decision making.
- Conduct accountability assessments and support development of complaints response mechanisms.
Learning, Documentation & Capacity Development 25%
- Working closely with the ALKM SPO, ensure continuous learning, documentation and sharing of lessons learned & best practices and provide support when internal/external reviews should be employed
- Conduct capacity assessment for program and LIP staff and ensure capacity building initiatives are employed for quality data collection.
- Create a list of electronic documentation/files including reports, approvals and any other relevant documentation for historical record and also file all the hard copy documents according to WV policies
- Support the development of project case studies, human interest stories, documentaries and other related materials
- Support the SPO ALKM to organize/ project learning events to document lessons learned, good practices and areas of improvement.
- Train and support program and LIP staff in the effective use of the MEL tools to ensure quality data collection
- Develop capacity building plans for WVK and Partner in MEAL related competencies
Monitoring & Evaluation Systems & Tools 20%
- Participate in the design and implementation of a monitoring framework to track project objectives.
- Support in the development of tools, templates and guidelines for data collection, collation and reporting.
- Participate in the development, review and update of project MEL frameworks, M&E Plans, Project indicators and targets and DIPs.
- Support the development of work break down structure for respective activities
- Ensure realistic scheduling of Program activities and budgets.
- Contribute to the design of OVC & AGYW MEL methodology.
Networking, Collaboration & Accountability 10%
- Coordinate with external stakeholders including, but not limited to, academia, NGOs, Government, and Private Sector in order to advance the Accountability, Joint, monitoring and learning goals of the project within the assigned county and beyond as may be necessary
- Network and collaborate with relevant partners, and represent World Vision in relevant project Working Group Meetings at county level and beyond as may be assigned
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or designee from time to time;
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces as appropriate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Demography, Statistics, Social sciences, or related discipline from a recognized University.
- Minimum five years’ practical experience in M & E system coordination/ implementation in a large international non-governmental organization or other international relief/development body.
- Must have experience in implementing monitoring activities in an OVC program
- Certification in data/statistical programmes e.g. SPSS, Stata etc
- Experience in working on donor funded programs and experience with USAID and other multilateral donor funded project.
- Well-developed research, analytical (qualitative and quantitative), documentation, report-writing and strategic planning skills, with particular competency in participatory research methods;
- Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Advanced Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Mobile-data collection and management software skills (e.g ODK, Commcare,I-form builder, Kobo) is desirable
Project Coordinator – Let the Children Come Project
- Coordinate and provide technical support for the successful design, planning and implementation of Let the Children Come project and support other Faith and Development activities in line with World Vision Kenya programming to ensure improved wellbeing outcomes of children in Kenya as guided by National Office Strategy and applicable policies guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
LCC projects coordination and implementation
- Provide technical support and overall coordination, planning, designing, implementing and evaluating the Every Last One –Let Children Come Project (ELO – LCC) grant.
- Facilitate Networking and collaborating with Spiritual Nurture partners across LCC project sites.
- Offer supervision to LCC project staff to ensure overall quality and comprehensive management of the project.
- Provide technical support CESP and other staff implementing F&D grants
- Manage work-planning & budget making (Detailed Implementation plans), Donor Reporting (Annual, Semi-annual and Quarterly) including documentation of best practices and success stories,
Implementation of F&D models including Channels of Hope Modules, Celebrating Families, Empowered World View and Dare to Discover
- Ensure that ELO-LCC project projects implementing APs have and follow guidelines on how to run an integrated approach in the implementation F&D Models including CoH, EWV and CFCin the grants
- Lead trainings but also Quality Assurance of the F&D Models being implemented (EWV for children, EWV for Adolescent models and D2D approach)
- Support ELO-LCC project implementing APs in the strengthening of implementation of CoH through CHATS (Congregational Hope Action Teams), CFC Parents support group, EWV champions and D2D facilitators
- Ensure that necessary follow up is done to ensure successful roll out of F&D Models (CoH, CFC, EWV)
- Create opportunities for Continuous coaching and mentorship for CHATS, CFC Parents support group and EWV champions
- Provide technical support to other TPs and grants implementing F&D models.
Partnerships with Churches, Para-church institutions and interfaith engagement
- Facilitate sensitization of staff and partners in the ELO-LCC project implementing ADPs and sites on Church Engagement policies and approaches
- Offer strategic support to ELO-LCC project implementing ADPs to engage and to build positive relations with churches, Para-church and other faith organizations who are significant in the realization of the grant goals and objectives
- Offer technical and strategic support to staff in ELO-LCC project implementing ADPs on integration of Grant with TP(s)
- Maintain regular communication with all churches engaged in the grant in consultation with the ELO-LCC project implementing ADPs
- Ensure Spiritual nurture of Children is implemented according to required standards
- Give technical support to the F ELO-LCC project implementing ADPs on how to run celebrating families curriculum
- Ensure that the training of church leaders in theology and development is implemented as prescribed in the grant
- Facilitate sensitization of staff and partners in ELO-LCC project implementing ADPs and sites on the Interfaith policies and approaches
- Support ELO-LCC project implementing ADPs and sites multi-religious contexts to dialogue between Christian and Muslim leaders for better understanding on how to implement the grant
- Maintain a database of all faith institutions engaged in the projects
Monitoring and evaluation
- Track, keep record, and share the number of participants reached by the ELO-LCC project projects
- Co-ordinate implementation of an ongoing Evaluation (Rolling baseline) that will happen yearly in the project.
- Supporting Learning and Reflection forums for the project.
- Champion development and timely Submission of Donor Quarterly, Semi-annual and Annual Reports in liaison with Matrix Supervisor to ensure they are satisfactory
- Identify and support the documentation of the ELO-LCC project’s most significant change stories
- Consolidate the LCC project evaluation activities, Regular Monthly and Quarterly LCC reports within the Area Programs such as the project baseline assessment and follow-up evaluations
- Support in Faith and Development adaptation processes, project assessments, planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation, documentation and dissemination of promising practices
- Support F&D in gathering related data for reporting on Faith and development (MMR, Semi-Annual, Annual Reports, WVK annual TP Report)
- Support integration of faith and development in other WVK projects and other programmes through inception through conceptualization, innovation, development, planning and implantation.
- Support regular learning forum to profile, communicate and ensure adoption of promising practices as well as disseminate strategic Faith and Development guidelines.
- Support quality reviews of program reports and core documents as per WVK guidelines and donor standards.
- Participate in LCC and other Faith and development operational research, documentation, publication and dissemination of useful research findings
Resources Fund Development and budgets
- spearhead development of concepts and proposals for growing the LCC, Grow grants and related new projects in F&D.
- Participate in any other concept and proposal writing relating to F&D as delegated to you by supervisor
- Provide technical support in integration of faith in TPs, grants and other WV departments when called upon.
- Participate in Go-No Go Processes, write ups, meeting with prospective donors and submission of concepts/proposals
- Physically present/defend Faith and Development Proposals to donors in coordination with RAM when required
- Support F&D to effectively to respond to calls and queries by donors and SOs on Faith and Development Concepts/Proposals in coordination with Resources Acquisition and Management.
Staff Christian Formation
- Participate in the recruitment of staff and interns as may be delegated from time to time by your supervisor
- Participate in the development of devotional guides and prayer mobilization prayer as may be required
- Support leading of chapel and management of Trans teams
- Offer strategic staff spiritual formation support to F&D implementing APs and sites
- Model mature Christian life that is easily emulated by colleagues and others
Qualification, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Social Sciences, Development, Theology from a recognized institution or related field Postgraduate education/studies in Development, project management, fundraising, and theology will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience 2 of which must be in any of the WV F&D models (CFC, COH, EWV) within or outside of World Vision
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and manage programs as well as transfer knowledge and skills.
- Experience in integrating Faith and development in programing
- Experience working with community contexts, some of which may be interfaith r fragile contexts.
- Must have proven analytical, problem solving skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Proven ability to cultivate long term partnerships with local communities and faith community
- Experience with international development organization desired.
- Personal commitment to Christ with ability to stand above denominational diversities
- Exemplary Christian character, interpersonal relationship skills and willingness to learn
- Proven leadership experience in church and or other Christian institutions
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships and partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate training initiatives
- Should demonstrate ability to work in multicultural, multidenominational and multi-faith environments
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills willing to market Faith and Development programs to donors, collaborating stakeholders and WV marketers
- Must be well respected in society for Christian values and professionalism
- Good knowledge and commitment to WV’s ethos, philosophy of work, and CORE documents.
Project Coordinator-Core Group Partners Project (CGPP)
Project Planning, Monitoring and Implementation
- Participate/Support in the planning, implementation, and monitoring of community-based surveillance, routine immunization, and supplemental immunization activities throughout the county, and provide project oversight in accordance with project deliverables.
- Participate in the development of work plans, budgets for the implementation of Community Based Surveillance (CBS) activities.
- Supervise the implementation of CBS in the CGPP in county, with close monitoring for quality control in the field.
- Support the health staff, animal health assistants, and community mobilizers in working as a team, managing CBS alerts, and coordinating with authorities for investigation and response.
- Participate and provide support as guided by the project priorities in Acute Flaccid Paralysis (AFP) surveillance, Priority zoonotic diseases outbreak investigation, polio outbreak investigation, case, and contact tracing.
- He/She is expected to work hand in hand with the county disease surveillance coordinator and County Veterinary officer in organizing for and training health facility staff at the facility level on CBS surveillance on polio and Zoonotic diseases.
- S/he will be training and building capacity within the county and with MOH/Partners as relevant and timely actions to CBS alerts raised by community mobilizers and community disease reporters.
- Take part in Cross border meetings and implementation of cross border polio eradication activities.
- Analyze CBS data on a daily and weekly basis to act on critical alerts and summarize alerts and report performance.
- Plan for the implementation of activities including interpretation of budget, preparing procurement plans, engage in the procurement process and following the donor and WVK financial accounting policy/requirement.
- Engage with the Ministry of Health County and Sub County Health Management teams to ensure successful implementation of CGPP activities, including sharing of work plans and progress reports on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure effective integration of project interventions with other WVK Projects in the Program sites particularly where the target beneficiaries are the same.
- Ensure regular project review meetings at the County/Sub County to fast track and accelerate implementation.
Project Reporting and Documentation
- Utilize CGPP tools and follow on set targets and timelines of reporting and documentation.
- Participate in the Project assessments, designs, Annual Operating Plans development and reviews.
- Prepare and submit timely quality quarterly,semiannual, annual and other relevant reports as per the requirements of the Project and ensure high level of data quality assurance in collaboration with the Project team.
- Maintain a record of all monitoring back ups for effective tracking and performance review
- Ensure timely collection, generation and consolidation of monitoring data for reporting.
- Support development and sharing of success stories on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure regular data reviews at the County/Sub County to fast track target achievement and quality data.
- Review and build capacity of WVK staff on M& E deliverables in the Project.
Engagement, Networking and Coordination
- Work with MOH for technical direction and leveraging of resources to strengthen the health systems to achieve HIV interventions targets at the County level.
- Work with other partners in the Project implementation for synergy and achievement of bigger impact and sustainability
- Support and attend TWGs and relevant stakeholders’ forums.
Data Quality Assurance and Capacity Building
- Build the capacity of other staff, community mobilizers, community disease reporters, CHVs, CHEWs/CHAs and partners to enhance participatory monitoring CGPP.
- Ensure quarterly DQA to assess reliability of the data by verifying on source data documents and quality of the same.
- Any other duties as assigned by your Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree (Public Health, Nursing, Clinical medicine, Community health, or related field)
- At least 4 years’ experience with community-based surveillance, Community health programs, public health surveillance, IDSR, or epidemic response operations with at least 2 years’ experience at project management level
- Experience working closely with Ministry of Health and Directorate of Veterinary Services on disease surveillance and immunization programs/activities at county or national level.
- Experience engaging donors.
- Ability to regularly collaborate with the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock, and partners in technical working groups, one health forum, and CBS-related forums, while maintaining positive professional relationships.
- Familiarity with diseases of epidemic potential, and One Health principles/ Approach.
- Experience participating in forums with Ministry officials and partners, as a representative of the organization.
- Experience in supporting a team of staff, especially the staffs working in borders areas.
- Strong assessment, project planning, organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills (Written and Spoken).
- Ability to multitask, handle pressure and flexibility.
- Ability to build and maintain good relations with other partners.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.