Safety and Compliance Officer – AMO – H10 at Kenya Airways,
Safety and Compliance Officer – AMO – H10 at Kenya Airways
Kenya Airways, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Safety and Compliance Officer – AMO – H10
- To ensure healthy, safe and secure working environment within the AMO in compliance with the relevant industry, regulatory and legislative requirements, company procedures, industry best practices and requirements of customer airlines. This is incorporated with the responsibility of coordinating occupational safety, health and environment programs throughout the AMO and the coordination of activities relevant in the maintenance of SMS and ISO Integrated Management System.
Principal Accountabilities (Responsibility)
- Ensure implementation of the Safety Management System within the AMO in line with regulatory requirements. Coordinate activities relevant to the maintenance of the Integrated Management System (ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001).
- Conduct Hazard and Risk analysis to lead to the management of the AMO’s safety risk program.
- Review regulatory and industry best practice requirements relevant to the AMO that need to be documented on Safety & Health and on Environment & Sustainability.
- Coordinate the AMO’s Emergency Response activities to cover occupational accidents; injuries, fires, spills, dangerous goods etc. Collect, collate and analyze periodic industrial safety reports.
- Coordinate the Safety Action Group/Health & Safety Committee (SAG/HSC) meetings and assume the role of the secretary to the committee as stipulated in the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- Conduct safety audits/inspections/surveys in line with statutory and company requirements.
- Investigate workplace incidents and accidents within the AMO and make appropriate recommendations for action.
- Follow up on corrective actions from audits, inspections and investigations to ensure closure/implementation within the agreed time frame.
- Promote safety culture amongst staff within the organization.
- Prepare safety information bulletin and newsletters to raise safety awareness within the AMO.
- Coordinating planned/unplanned safety training’s for the AMO personnel.
- Diploma in a relevant Science or Engineering field.
- Audit Training.
- Knowledge of Industrial Safety Regulations and Standards.
- Accident/Incident investigation training.
- Root Cause Analysis training.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience, 1 of which must be in safety.
- Computer Literacy.
- Ability to analyze data.
- People Management.
- Report writing skills.
- Presentation skills.