Revenue Officers – 26 Positions at County Government of Kakamega
Revenue Officers – 26 Positions at County Government of Kakamega,
Revenue Officers – 26 Positions at County Government of Kakamega.
Jobs in Government, Jobs at County Government of Kakamega
The promulgation of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010, introduced the devolved system of Government which resulted to the formation of the 47 Counties across the Country, Kakamega County being among them. Kakamega County is located in the western region of the country with an area of 3,051.3 square kilometers and an estimated population of 2,079,669
Revenue Officers – 26 Positions
Duties and Responsibilities
An Officer at this level will report to the Senior Revenue Officer at the Sub County Level.
- Heading the Revenue Unit of the Kakamega County Revenue Agency at the Ward Level;
- Ensuring planning, directing, coordinating, supervising the Unit’s areas of control;
- Managing the training and development function of the Unit;
- Undertaking adhoc assignments relating to revenue services;
- Preparing activity-based budgeting, procurement plan, management reports and final Revenue collections on timely basis;
- Ensuring safe custody of Kakamega County Revenue Agency assets and records;
- Banking revenue cheques credited to Kakamega County Revenue Agency;
- Supervising revenue staff/interns performance in line with set policies and procedures;
- Providing professional leadership and guidance to revenue collectors; and
- Performing any other lawful duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, one must:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting or Finance option) from a recognized institution or any other relevant qualification adjudged to be its equivalent from an approved institution;
- Have passed part II of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its approved equivalent.
- Have relevant working experience of at least three (3) years in a comparable position in Public or private sector;
- Certificate in Computer Applications;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Be able to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
Method of Application
- All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the on-line form.
- ALL Serving Officers in the County Public Service, MUST clearly indicate on the on-line form: –
- The Officer’s Payroll Number;
- Date of first appointment;
- Date of last promotion to the current grade; and
- Substantive designation and Job Group.
- During interviews, shortlisted candidates will be required to produce the following original documents: National Identity Card; Academic and Professional Certificates; current payslip and letter of appointment/promotion to the current grade.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer and women, persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
All applicants should click on the Job Offers Option on the County Website www.kakamega.go.ke, fill the
Application Form and submit it ONLINE on or before 22nd September, 2023 at 11.59 P.M.
N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email will be accepted.
Applicants are advised to provide accurate information when making applications, those who give false information regarding their credentials and qualifications will be automatically disqualified.
Kakamega County Public Service Board (KCPSB) DOES NOT use Agents nor charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are; email address email@example.com and telephone phone number 0745888999 ONLY.
Interested and qualified? Go to County Government of Kakamega on 22.214.171.124 to apply