Quality Assurance and Compliance Officer at Old Mutual Kenya,
Quality Assurance and Compliance Officer at Old Mutual Kenya
Old Mutual Kenya is based in Nairobi and is part of a larger group that offers solutions in long-term savings, asset management and investment. We offer solutions to individuals and corporates underpinned by our core values which are: Respect, Integrity, Accountability and Pushing beyond boundaries.
Quality Assurance and Compliance Officer
Working closely with the Manager – Credit Administration, he /she will ensure compliance with internal credit policies and procedures, best practices and CBK prudential guidelines to facilitate management of credit risks within tolerable levels. The Job holder will ensure that ALL loans approved by credit committees follow the laid down procedures, are complete in all material aspects and safeguard the institution from losses that may emanate from acts of negligence.
- Perform both pre and post disbursement check to ensure only quality and complying loans are disbursed as per policy and offer.
- Review and approval of credit cancellation, waiver and refunds through proper analysis as per policy and governance process.
- Enforce adherence with Credit compliance and control procedures which involves both internal procedures and that of the regulator on credit facilities.
- Ensure Credit compliance by branches within Faulu Microfinance Bank standards and regulatory requirements pertaining to Money Laundering, Know-Your-Customer (KYC) policies and Counter Financial Terrorism (CFT).
- Ensuring that Credit Compliance queries are fully closed and that there are no repeat findings across all branches in terms of lending and credit operations
- Ensure reversals are initiated and/or immediate recovery of loans found to be inadequate and in contravention of credit policies and procedures and escalated for further action.
- Monitor, on a continuous basis, all transactions to ensure that unusual and suspicious transactions are reported to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
- Log in issues of concern from each branch and escalate it to the branch manager, credit administration department management for further action
- Covenant tracking and monitoring to ensure the bank is safe guarded to any eventualities of recovery.
- Do any other duties that may be assigned by management from time to time
- Business related degree
- CPA 2
- Experience in credit administration/documentation
- Proficiency in T24 core banking system is an added advantage
- Capacity and willingness to work for long hours and within strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High degree of confidentiality
- Analytical mind.
- Knowledgeable on the Financial services sector
- Fast in decision making
- Highly organized
- Creative and Innovative
- Good team player & proactive