Paid Field Worker Interns – 3 Positions at Kenya Medical Research – KEMRI,
Paid Field Worker Interns – 3 Positions at Kenya Medical Research – KEMRI
Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is a State Corporation established through the Science and Technology (Amendment) Act of 1979, which has since been amended to Science, Technology and Innovation Act 2013. The 1979 Act established KEMRI as a National body responsible for carrying out health research in Kenya.
Field Worker Interns – 3 positions
- Job Type: Contract
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Location: Nairobi
- Job Field: Internships / Volunteering
The Kenya Medical Research Institute is committed to providing the youth with opportunities to acquire, sharpen their knowledge and gain technical/practical skills to complement their studies in order to enhance their employability in line with the Kenya Vision 2030. The KEMRI Internship Program (KIP) seeks to develop a pool of young talent adequately exposed to working in the research industry. After the internship program, the candidates will have gained practical workplace experience to him/her have a competitive edge in the job market.
NIHR CLEAN-Air (Africa) is seeking to employ three (3) Field worker Interns to join our dynamic team focused on studying the complex interplay between air pollution, energy use, and human health
The Interns will be trained on:
- Data collection for air pollution levels, emissions, and related environmental parameters using monitoring equipment and instruments.
- Conducting surveys and interviews with individuals, communities, and stakeholders to gather information on perceptions, behaviors, and impacts related to air pollution and energy systems.
- Conducting sample collection and analysis for air, soil, water, and other environmental media for laboratory analysis and assist in analyzing the collected samples as per established protocols.
- Data management to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Equipment maintenance to ensure they are in good working condition and adhering to safety protocols.
- Data reporting of fieldwork findings, contributing to the overall research outputs and project deliverables.
- Bachelors’ Degree or Diploma in Environmental Science, Statistics, Public Health, Nutrition, Social Science, or a related field.
In addition, the applicants must:
- Be a Kenyan youth below 30 years of age
- Should have graduated and obtained the relevant final certificate
- Provide a Certificate of good conduct
- Should possess interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be goal oriented, dynamic, passionate and self-starter
- A person of integrity
- Should possess strong analytical skills
- Must be computer literate.
Terms of Engagement :
- Appointment to the Internship program will be for a period of six months. The successful candidate (s) will be paid a monthly stipend of Kes. 25,000 and a project allowance of Kes. 5,000
How to Submit Application for internship
Terms of Employment:
- This is a one-year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service, with a probation period in the first 2 months.
- Remuneration: The salary scale is based on applicable KEMRI scales.
Applications must include the following:
- Letter of application
- Current CV with contact telephone numbers and e-mail address
- Three Reference Letters
- Copies of certificates and transcripts
The Director General
Kenya Medical Research Institute
P.O. Box 54840-00200
Attn: Principal Investigator, Clean Air (Africa) Project
A copy of the application should be sent by email to: email@example.com no later than 2nd August, 2023