Openings at Janta Kenya
Janta Kenya is a HR Consultancy firm established with an objective of encompassing integral and necessary skills that most individuals and organizations need in everyday business. We have a team of professional HR consultants with extensive experience in all people management issues, and we are therefore well placed to offer advice for private, public
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Sales Data Analyst
- Assessing sales data and examine monthly, quarterly, and annual sales reports to identify sales patterns and areas for improvement.
- Compare actual sales data to revenue projections and expectations and advise the team on variances on a weekly basis by region and product category.
- Weekly update to customers on their sales to target and balances to attaining their monthly target slabs for additional discounts.
Develop Projections and Forecasts
- Develop reports showing expected sales and the potential effects of new strategies to aid in decision making.
- Work closely with marketing, sales, and management personnel to develop forecasts and examine the potential revenue effects of various proposals.
Measure of Marketing Efforts
- Measure the marketing activities thru sales conversion based on the marketing efforts done by customer, region and category.
- Make use of data and research, to identify market opportunities and recommend to the Sales & Marketing Manager to align Sales and Marketing efforts to cover these gaps and grow sales.
Examine Company Targets & Budgets
- Asses Company Targets & budget to guide investments in marketing and promotions projects.
- Examining projected ROI’s and compare it to actual sales results to identify divisions that are not hitting sales goals.
- Providing advice on future budget development and examine operational budgets to identify business areas that are not providing a return on investment (ROI) for the company.
Sales Tracking & Reports to Management
- W/VSR Route Tracking and adherence to the approved PJP.
- New products tracking by region and TLs’ & WVR follow-ups on listing.
- Track PDU performance vs W/VSR routes and identify problem products to guide on activation needs.
- Prepare Weekly & Monthly Tracker reports on Focus product performances gaps and regional marketing needs.
- W/Vsr Sales software (Vivo) product, price, reports and routes updates as per need basis.
- Work out the monthly Sales Commission for the Sales Team based on the system and matrix set.
- Strong personality
- Strong interpersonal relations
- Able to work within tight deadlines
Skill & Experience
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting with good command of Maths.
- ADVANCE SKILLS IN EXCELL
- At-least 7 years of experience in similar capacity in FMCG INDUSTRY
- Professional Membership
- Capable of translating financial and mathematical jargon into layman’s terms for explanatory purposes. Possesses strong writing skills.
- Capable of conducting independent research.
- Demonstrates familiarity with budget software and budget analysis.
- Works well with a team.
Head of Sales – HORECA
The job holder will be responsible for driving volume and profit growth on annual, monthly & brand basis in the institutions, hotels & Restaurants they manage as well as manage relationships with the HORECA accounts.
- Develop and implement strategies and tactical plans for HORECAS to ensure sustained business growth in the assigned customer market in line with the overall Commercial Division plans.
- Develop and proactively maintain a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, industry trends, and customer needs to inform product development, pricing, and positioning strategies.
- Effectively gather, interpret and utilize multiple information sources to develop customer-specific tactical plans and programs.
- Collaborate with marketing teams regarding strategies to develop understanding of product distribution, placement, pricing and promotional initiatives
- Achieve product availability targets through identifying and negotiating listings and targets for strategic focus brands to drive and maintain numeric distribution by brand category.
- Enhance product accessibility through identifying and negotiating SOVI (Forward Share Inventory and limit Out of Stocks) and achieving cold and ambient space targets by channel and brand category.
- Promote product affordability on price by ensuring adherence to Recommended Retail Price (RPP) guidelines per strategic focus brand by channel and outlet type.
- Identify, negotiate, plan and execute activation opportunities such as promotions and tastings with customer in line with national sales plan.
- Using the SFA tool to analyse the market in terms of demand and use this information to manage metrics including calls, strike rate targets, outlet expansion, sales volume, profit, and expenses associated with selling products to the HORECAS.
- Ensure that the HORECAS are fully serviced as per agreed SLAs.
- Execute key distribution, placement, pricing and promotion initiatives within assigned accounts to achieve target sales revenue in a profitable manner.
- Recruit and serve HORECA outlets to the satisfaction of outlet owners and meet the company’s objectives.
- Debt management within the approved credit policies
- Establishing and managing winning trading relationships with the key contacts in the allocated portfolio for the overall benefit
- of the business.
- Aligning sales functional excellence to changing market demands to the market need of the assigned portfolio to ensure sustained business operations and growth
- Organize and manage the available human capital within the department through training, development, performance management and proper positioning to ensure optimal productivity and high value services to internal and external customers.
Skill & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Business field.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience with HORECAS preferably in a FMCG
- Practical experience in use of MS packages and ERP systems.
Head of Modern Trade
- Prepare the Modern Trade sales strategy & growth plans in line with business strategy
- Key responsibility as the Head of Modern trade is to drive profitability and deliver on the Revenue and Share parameters.
- Align and execute trade marketing and trade promotions interventions with the modern trade sales strategy and overall business strategy.
- Lead resource for planning portfolio growth initiatives with accounts, assortment planning, launch planning and execution, development and execution of Joint Business Plans.
- Category management and Promotion planning.
- Driving operational efficiency for modern trade channel.
- Monitoring performance and taking corrective actions
- Responsible for achieving planned sales by channel and customer
- Achieving consistent growth by managing various internal and external stakeholders
- Work within allocated promotional cost and ensure effective spending in driving sales and brand building.
- Lead resource for planning and negotiating for in-store activations, merchandising, sell-out plans with the accounts
- Negotiate favorable annual trading and logistic contract with chain
- Provide trade information, competitor’s activities and market intelligent to company
- Manage Accounts receivables, Responsible for debt collection and resolve all long outstanding debts.
- Resolve customer’s trade issues, complaints and operational matters.
- Manage a large workforce across the Modern Trade channel
- Manage and review outstation outlets through frequent market visit and liaising with local Sales Management
- Work closely with Key Account Managers in achieving company’s objective and vision.
Skill & Experience
- Master’s / Bachelor’s degree / Diploma in Marketing Management, Business Management, or any related field.
- 7 10 years’ experience in Commercial roles, ideally within FMCG Industry
- Experience in On Trade Channel is Mandatory.
- Must possess a Proven track record in driving sales capabilities across key areas such as Category Management, Revenue Growth Management and solid understanding of Modern Trade.
- Commercial Experience in Kenyan market is a Must.
Head of General Trade
To provide the Company with increased sales productivity, meet revenue and cash collection targets, brand visibility, lead the sales team, manage account relationships and ensure the company is the market leader, across categories, in all accounts, in terms of sales, visibility and availability.
Distributors, Wholesalers, Stockists
- Build up the existing wholesaler network (specific targets will be provided).
- Build up customer portfolio, new wholesalers, stockists.
- Manage Credit Risk and ensure Cash Collection is 100%, on time and in full.
- Conduct an annual and monthly sales analysis and forecasts
- General implementation of planned Sales and Marketing strategies to ensure achievements of targeted picture of success
- Maintenance SOVI (Stocks of Visible Inventory) and Picture of success in alignment to the set targets.
- Ensure the desired and targeted monthly and annual revenues are achieved in the General Trade
- Achieve increase in coverage (increase in terms of number of branches and accounts goods are sold to).
- Monitor sales in our market to ensure targets and objectives are met.
- Ensure optimal availability of products over long and short term.
- Ensure Route to Market & Territory Management optimization.
- Recommend the tools and resources required to achieve the launch objectives.
- Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale, contributing to an increased market share for the products.
- Contribute to delivering sales across all channels, not limited to one specific sector.
- Business plans and performance reviews with the distributors and Area Sales Managers
- Negotiate and seal on behalf of company, trading terms including sales targets, distribution, promotion
- Performance management through tracking, analysis and reviews.
- Design sales strategies to spearhead the desired company’s revenue growth.
- Coming up with comprehensive JBPs which include compilation of sales performance, financial information to achieve a picture of success status in selected stores
- Designing and implementing market penetration and distribution plans
- Conduct regular business reviews of new markets and opportunities for the products
- Rationalization of channels packs mix for high revenue volume delivery.
Cash Collection / Finance
- Manage Allocation of Customer Trade Spend and debtors book. Manage trading terms and condition per channel and improve CCS constantly.
- Ensure cash collection as per agreed terms with customers (work and communicate closely with company Finance dept).
- Computing, preparing and authorizing credit and debit notes as required.
- Effective financial management of expenses versus budgets.
- Implement and control pricing in all channels, inside and outside of promotional periods.
- Drive and ensure strong in-store visibility and merchandising (working closely with the merchandising, sales and marketing team).
- Ensure the market leader in terms of both sales and visibility, across all the products.
Leadership and Internal Relationships
- To effectively develop and manage operational field sales force.
- Motivation of Sales Force via Effective Leadership and Implementation of Incentive Programs.
- Development and Measurement of Sales Force through regular Appraisal Reviews.
- Develop tailor-made training modules in conjunction with HR Department.
- Development of Internal Relationships with all relevant Streams (i.e. Finance, HR, Stores and Production).
- Work within and lead the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
- To liaise regularly with other departments to ensure product availability in line with sales requirements.
- To liaise with corporate clients, build and develop working business relationships.
- Development of customer relationships through regular operational reviews to ensure that stock availability, distribution and shelf management opportunities are grasped.
- Conduct commercial calls to designated key accounts outlets on a regular basis, imparting company product knowledge and in house training of both company and supermarket staff.
- To handle customer complaints and enquiries swiftly (working closely with the customer service and quality control teams).
- Develop a process of regular communication of key reports to directors (and sales team).
- Prepare regular reports and analysis on all account activities, with detailed analysis across segments, categories, retailers, etc.
- To draw insight from quantitative data and transform in qualitative reports.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory.
- Responsible for Dynamic Forecasting and Demand Planning.
- Monitoring and Measuring Effective Implementation of Field Management Best Practices by Sales Force.
Skill & Experience
- Holder of a Bachelor degree from a recognized University in Business, Sales & Marketing or related field.
- MUST Have 7– 10 years in experience in GENERAL TRADE sales of FMCG products
- MUST Have Proven experience in FMCG Companies
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
Qualified candidates are advised to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly quoting “Job Title” on the email header. Applications should reach us not later than 6th September 2023