Medical Superintendent at County Government of Kakamega.
Jobs in Government, Jobs at County Government of Kakamega
After the introduction of the Constitution of Kenya in 2010, the country adopted a devolved system of government, leading to the establishment of 47 counties, including Kakamega County in the western region. With an estimated population of 2,079,669, Kakamega County covers an area of 3,051.3 square kilometers.
Duties and Responsibilities: –
- To oversee and superintend all services in the hospital;
- Will be responsible for all the operations and day-to-day running of the Hospital;
- To provide visionary leadership and direction to the hospital and to ensure hospital policies and mandates are implemented fully and effectively in line with the strategic plan;
- To formulate strategies and operational plans, lead teams for high performance and innovation;
- To ensure prudent management of resources for the achievement of the hospitals’ mandate and strategic objectives;
- To ensure that the hospitals’ strategic plans are implemented efficiently, the performance contract objectives and targets are negotiated, achieved and reported in time and annual operational plan and budgets prepared and submitted in compliance with statutory requirements;
- To oversee and direct the development and implementation of the hospital’s strategic initiative and capacity building in line with goals and aspirations of Kenya’s vision 2030 and the national health sector strategic plans;
- To provide the needed transformational leadership of the hospital and to meet citizens’ expectations in line with the Constitution of Kenya;
- To initiate, establish, strengthen and oversee inter institutional collaborations and strategic partnerships for realization of the hospitals mandate and strategic objectives;
- To ensure the hospital staff remain motivated to discharge their responsibilities effectively and efficiently and in compliance with the Human Resource Management policies and practices;
- To promote a culture of compliance with regulations, statutory requirements, good corporate governance principles and best practices in the hospital; and
- To perform any other responsibilities as determine and deemed necessary by the Hospital Management committee in line with the hospital mandate
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade an officer must:
- Be serving as a Senior Assistant Director of Medical Services, Job Group CPSB 04/‘Q’ or Assistant Director, Medical Services, Job Group CPSB 05/‘P’ in Kakamega County Public Service;
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) degree from an institution recognized by Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board;
- Master’s Degree in a recognized Medical Discipline from a University recognized in Kenya;
- Certificate of Registration by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board;
- Valid practicing license from Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board;
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrated professional competence and managerial capability as reflected in work performance and results.
Method of Application
- All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the on-line form.
- ALL Serving Officers in the County Public Service, MUST clearly indicate on the on-line form: –
- The Officer’s Payroll Number;
- Date of first appointment;
- Date of last promotion to the current grade; and
- Substantive designation and Job Group.
- During interviews, shortlisted candidates will be required to produce the following original documents: National Identity Card; Academic and Professional Certificates; current payslip and letter of appointment/promotion to the current grade.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer and women, persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
All applicants should click on the Job Offers Option on the County Website www.kakamega.go.ke, fill the
Application Form and submit it ONLINE on or before 22nd September, 2023 at 11.59 P.M.
N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email will be accepted.
Applicants are advised to provide accurate information when making applications, those who give false information regarding their credentials and qualifications will be automatically disqualified.
Kakamega County Public Service Board (KCPSB) DOES NOT use Agents nor charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are; email address firstname.lastname@example.org and telephone phone number 0745888999 ONLY.
Interested and qualified? Go to County Government of Kakamega on 22.214.171.124 to apply