Lifeguard at Africa Talent Contours Limited.
Lifeguard at Africa Talent Contours Limited
Jobs in Consulting, Jobs at Africa Talent Contours Limited
Africa Talent Contours (Limited) is incorporated in Kenya as a human Resource Outsourcing and Consulting Company. We have a footprint in over 10 African Countries and still growing to target the entire Sub-Saharan Region of Africa and the rest of the continent and the World.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises swimming activities at the aquatics facility and ensures that policies, guidelines, and safety procedures are followed.
- Warns swimmers of improper activities or danger and enforces pool regulations and water safety policies.
- Administers first aid in the event of injury, rescues swimmers in distress or danger of drowning, and administers CPR and/or artificial respiration, if necessary.
- Evaluates conditions for safety and initiates aquatics emergency action plan as required.
- Inspects pool facilities, equipment, and water to ensure that they are safe and usable.
- Supervises and assists in cleaning the pool and related facilities and equipment, assists with chlorine residual water tests and with records and charts of water tests and records of accidents, and adds chemicals to pool water as directed.
- Instructs or assists classes in fundamentals of swimming as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge and ability to evaluate water conditions at aquatics facilities, at the beach/ocean to determine any potential dangers or hazards.
- Ability to adjust programs as necessary to ensure the safety of the visitors and other staff.
- Swimming proficiency and comfort in all types of water conditions.
- Ability to judge and evaluate evolving dynamics of individuals participating in aquatic activities to immediately assess their capabilities and threats to their safety.
- Knowledge of on-site protocols, operational procedures, and safety policies.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for providing on-site emergency medical services.
- Must be able to work with less supervision and follow written and oral orders.
- Must be presentable, clean, and neat always.
- Must speak, read, and understand the English Language.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING
- Must have successfully completed required training from American Red Cross:
- Adult First Aid/CPR/AED
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training or American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Instructor certification (includes lifesaving, first aid, and CPR for the Professional Rescuer)
- Each lifeguard must be qualified as a Water Safety Instructor (WSI) with current certification from the American Red Cross.
- Each lifeguard must also be fully trained on the use of Automated External Defibrillator (AED) equipment.
- Customer Service Training: Creating Stellar Customer Relations
Must have at least High school diploma, Technical or Vocational course graduate is required.
• Must have at least two (2) years’ experience as a Lifeguard.
Basic terms of the job offer.
- Assignment Duration: 12 months. Renewal subject to performance and project status.
- Base Monthly Salary: 48 hours per week minimum work requirement: $554.40 (based on 48 hr. work week requirement)
- Working schedule: 48 hours per week (8 hours per day/6 days a week)
- Payroll period: Monthly. Amount give take home.
- Overtime: Work more than 8 hours per day or work performed on a rest day and/or holiday,will be paid as overtime at the base salary rate.
- Accommodations: Housing, transportation, meals in-country, and laundry facilities are provided
- Sick Leave: Employee will accrue 2.67 hours of sick leave for each full month of service, beginning with the completion of the first full month of Foreign Service employment.
- Annual leave Up to 21 days paid at the end of each 12-month contract.
- Travel will be provided by the employer to the employee’s home country.
- Project Holidays: 10 paid holidays. New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday, President’s Day, Philippine Independence Day, USA Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
- Your Passport must be valid for at least 12 months, with at least 6 total blank visa pages remaining.
- Your driver’s license must be valid for at least 6 months (unless processing for a CDL-required position, which will require 12 months remaining).
- Updated covid vaccination certificate
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: www.talcl.com/careers using the position as subject of email.
Interested and qualified? Go to Africa Talent Contours Limited on to apply