KCA University Needs A Lecturer in Performing Arts
Lecturer in Performing Arts, Film and Media Studies Job, Current Teaching Jobs In Kenya,
To facilitate quality learning through teaching, administration and academic advisory work and ensure an outstanding student learning experience.
Similar P1 Teacher Needed
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach and facilitate learning at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels through lecturers, seminars, workshops, tutorials and other learning situations as assigned by the HOD from time to time.
- Participate in the development, administration and marking of exams, assignments and continuous assessments tests.
- Assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work and maintaining records to monitor student progress, Achievement and attendance.
- Provide advice, guidance and feedback to students to support their academic progress and referring student to support services as appropriate.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of high-quality curriculum.
- Participate in supervision and assisting of undergraduate and post graduate students in their research work.
- Carry out research and produce publications, as well as other research outputs, in line with personal objectives agreed in the Faculty Annual Assessment Review (FAAR)
- Contribute and participate in the development in the departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
- Provide pastoral care to students through academic advising and counselling.
- Contribute to departmental, faculty and/or University wide working groups or committee as, when requested to do so;
- Undertake continuous professional development and participate in staff development and training activities to update and enhance skills;
- Maintain proper records of students’ examination, assignments and continuous assessments tests and ensure they are keyed in examination records management system in time;
- Attend departmental, Faculty and University–wide meetings with other staff members;
- An earned PhD Degree in relevant field from an accredited and recognized university
- At least three (3) years of demonstrated quality and progressive teaching experience at University levelas a Lecturer or six (6) years research/industry experience
- A minimum of four (4) high quality publications in refereed journals since the last promotion to the rank of Lecturer
- Registered with a relevant professional body where applicable
- Demonstrated evidence of service to the University and community
- Evidence of both national and international contribution through scholarly meetings, conferences, research seminars, service in national/international advisory boards etc. will be an added advantage
Other skills & Competencies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent research skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Time management skills and attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV including three referees, academic and professional certificates, and a clear copy of your Kenya National ID and iTax certificate via email to email@example.com by 4th October, 2023.