Job Vacancies at Syngenta
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication / View Jobs at Syngenta
Syngenta is a leading science-based agtech company. We help millions of farmers around the world to grow safe and nutritious food, while taking care of the planet.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Supervisor- Crop Protection
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow up the daily morning and evening 6 days a week, in order to avoid overtime worked and optimize utilization of labor hours.
- Before off duty, hand over proper written instructions to the Production Lead -Operation or the Production Managers.
- Follow up and ensure that the employees responsible for IPM activities work according to the outlined daily work schedule and rules.
- Address employee related matters as a line manager e.g staff absenteeism, performance management, disciplinary cases e.t.c.
- Oversee and manage the company provided transport for the crop protection team from work to their relevant drop off points.
- Co-ordinate and ensure the employees undergo regular medical check-ups in line with their roles. Coordinate departmental transfers where need be.
- Ensure that all health, safety and security procedures set by the company for spraying and chemical handling are strictly implemented and followed by the IPM staff.
- Ensure that measuring and mixing of chemicals is done by authorized personnel only.
- Be responsible for accurate daily chemical measurements according to spraying plan.
- Ensure that all measuring equipment’s used strictly do not leave the chemical mixing room (Spray Lounge)
- Follow the weekly rotation for the chemical mixing, according to the spraying plan and the shift program with the production Lead – operations and the Production Manager.
- Ensure daily that the spraying treatment plan (spray program) is strictly followed and notify the operations production Lead or production manager if any modification has occurred.
- Ensure proper organization of the chemical store and strictly follow safety procedures.
- Constantly control the proper operation of the chemical equipment in terms of supply, pressure, volume, and outflow.
- Ensure that electrical equipment and network are properly operating in the spraying unit room.
- Ensure proper maintenance of all the chemical outlets and chemical spraying pipes in the greenhouses. Coordinate with fertigation and/or maintenance departments in case of any maintenance needed.
- Give daily instructions to the sprayers and carry out daily training, highlighting the pest or disease to be sprayed, the specific techniques to be used and the characteristics of the chemicals used.
- Ensure and advocate for proper use of PPE’s and spray equipment.
- Ensure timely and accurate flushing and washing of spray equipment.
- Ensure that any chemical wash out is channeled to the chemical disposal tank/wetland.
- Ensure that the proper information including the date, time, product, pest or disease target/ re-entry period, is written on the sign board of each greenhouse before each spraying session.
- Ensure that the relevant sign boards systematically dispatched during spray session.
- Timely update of the chemical use report, so as to track any chemical mixing and spraying, efficiency of its application, its timing, the name/ID of sprayers, their location (Greenhouse), the Pest or Diseases treated and climate among other things.
- Be responsible for the routine calibration of all the measurement tools and spraying equipment. And the calibration certificates/report kept well.
- Prepare and issue on monthly basis the control forms for:
- Personal Protective Equipment.
- Spraying Equipment.
- Nozzle calibration.
- Coordinate activities with all Production Coordinators when and if need be
- Preparation of the weekly material requisition
- Implement recommendations given by the company’s external consultants in liaison with the Production Manager.
- Enforce the HSE rules and regulations and champion the implementation of Syngenta HSE standards in your area of operation by integrating HSE consideration.
- Ensure that all crop protection activities are done in line with the GSPP standards.
DESIRED WORK EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Horticulture or related field
- Knowledge in Plants pathology (Pests and diseases) and Crop protection will be an added advantage.
- 5 years’ experience working in a similar environment
- Knowledge in disease and pest management.
- Data management and analysis
- Farm production planning and execution
- Optimal resource allocation
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Keen to details.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Proactive and able to handle matters swiftly.
- Good communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, action oriented and quick learner
- Ability to interact with diverse stakeholders
Finance Operations Accountant (9 months FTC)
The Finance Operations Accountant is a role within the BA finance function based in Kenya reporting to the Finance Operations Lead.The purpose of the role includes:
- Review transaction recording and reporting accuracy through the month
- Ensure all control activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner
- Participate in the month-end procedures within the area of influence and any other allocated tasks
- Support the function in annual audit process and any other scheduled or adhoc reviews
- End to end responsibility in accounting area; preparing all group reporting, local statutory (up until IFRS hand-off) and tax reporting. Assuring accuracy, timely submission, and proper substantiation of financial reporting submissions in line with the Syngenta Financial Reporting requirements, local statutory reporting regulations and local tax requirements
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of all business transactions in ERP system according to the IFRS rules for group reporting and local GAAP rules for statutory reporting
- Sustain high standards on verification of assets and liabilities in the balance sheet. Perform balance sheet reconciliation in line with corporate IFRS and statutory reporting requirements.
- Provide efficient support to new business model implementation and mergers/integrations, ensuring adherence to the applicable corporate frameworks
- Drive the effective and efficient delivery of end-to-end Finance Operations activities and collaborate effectively with other country peers to share best practice.
- Accountable to facilitate internal /external audits and drive sustainable and timely remediation of outstanding audit issues in close corporation conjunction with the wider Finance organization.
- Coordinate the work of junior colleagues in the teams and help developing them
- Support a high level of financial compliance capability in the team and promote compliance culture through training and other relevant initiatives. effective and sustainable implementation of Internal Control Frameworks (ICF) and segregation of duty (SoD) risk management frameworks
- Ensure accuracy of cash-flow forecasting and effective cash-flow management.
- Support the business function in any other activities that may be assigned.
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
- A strong academic report with a undergratuate degree in commerce, accounting or finance or its equivalent and a relevant professional qualification i.e. CPA, ACCA, CIMA,
- Excellent knowledge of Iscala, SAP and Ms Office (Word, Excel, Power point)
- Excellent knowledge of relevant local/ regional tax legislations.
- Excellent understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Good understanding of business end to end processes and internal controls
- Good understanding of statutory, tax, and statistical reporting requirements
- Ability to effectively work in a cross-functional matrix organization
- 5+ years of professional experience in financial operations perferably in a multinational environment
- Ability to manage self, work independently, to take informed decisions and determine priorities
- Time management skills with high proactive behaviour to take initiatives
- Good interaction with functional leadership and external customers
- Ability to effectively work in a cross-functional matrix organization
Critical success factors
- Management of finance operations
- Process and controls oriented
- Collaborative and team oriented mindset
- Project planning and management
- Strong communication and relationships with local finance team members and other stakeholders
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.