Job Vacancies at Aga Khan University Hospital
Job Vacancies at Aga Khan University Hospital
Aga Khan University Hospitals in Karachi, Pakistan and Nairobi, Kenya are private, not-for-profit institutions providing high quality health care. The Main Hospitals serve as the principal sites for clinical training for the University’s Medical Colleges and Schools of Nursing and Midwifery in Pakistan and East Africa. Our Vision of Aga Khan University
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Assistant Manager, Biomedical Engineering
- The Assistant Manager, Biomedical Engineering is responsible for overseeing the quality of services provided by the department and make significant contribution to continual improvement through conducting, facilitating, and managing quality projects.
- Oversees the performance in their specialist areas and carries out the full range of tasks; analysis, technical validations & evaluations and assisting the Manager/Head of Department with annual departmental plans. This position manages, coordinates, and influences all functions related to the safety testing, repair, and maintenance of biomedical patient-care equipment. Also responsible for daily departmental activities including staff Rota, monthly departmental meetings, engaging vendors for daily maintenance of equipment in various clinical departments.
- Responsible to manage the existing Divisional Quality Management System in coordination with Head of biomedical department, AKUH’s Director Quality and other AKUH Departments to ensure compliance with quality objectives of the institution.
- Oversee the compliance of the standards as per JCIA and ISO9001:2008, also the activities and services of the department are aligned with in the framework of medical technology plan and related policies processes and protocols
- Develop quality improvement goals, indicators and previous audits findings and propose action for implementation. Pursue departments to conduct sentinel events, root cause analysis and ensure that performance gaps are addressed through quality improvement initiatives.
- Oversee the operations and performance of major areas of biomedical engineering (Lab and Critical Care areas, ORs), collaborates and maintains positive relationships with customers, works to develop colleagues, and provides a communication channel between hospital executives.
- Management of medical equipment Alerts and recalls. Manage the related/applicable medical equipment alerts and recalls issued internationally and communicate, coordinate with the stake holders to implement / execute the action as directed in these alter notices.
- Lead and execute the recall process whenever there is an external or internal recall.
- Lead and represent the department in the strategic planning of medical technology management. Conduct and participate in MTMAC meetings.
- In collaboration with Head Biomedical engineer, formulate the plans for standardization of medical equipment across the AKU network and provide recommendations to the committee.
- Work with MTMAC to establish a plan for central pooling of equipment to ensure maximum utilization of medical technology.
- Work as a department resource person and specialist for the management and maintenance of hi-tech equipment, participate in research activities whenever required.
- Lead, facilitate and participate in quality and patient safety project – Incident analysis, FMEA of critical services, ECRI Alert tracker / integration project and gap analysis of underrated KPI’s.
Qualifications, Experience, and skills required:
- Bachelors degree in Medical Engineering, Industrial Technology or related field
- Have knowledge on anatomy, electro-mechanical medical equipment functioning and Imaging equipment technical maintenance.
- Must be computer literate with excellent communicatIon and interpersonal skills, very good analytical and organisational skills.
- Must be registered and/or eligible for registration with the Association of Medical Engineers of Kenya and/or Engineering Board of Kenya.
- Qualified Biomedical Engineering professional with at least 8 to 10 years of experience in a hospital environment.
- Should have worked in a lead role in the field of medical equipment management and maintenance with supervision or managerial responsibilities for a minimum of 5 years.
- Previously worked/ lead on quality projects/ initiatives at departmental level.
- Experience with internal audits, ISO inspections and JCIA inspections.
- Trained and hands-on experience on Hi-tech medical equipment used in diagnosis, treatment, and monitoring.
- Familiar with computerized maintenance management systems.
- Familiar with international benchmarks for biomedical engineering including acquisition strategies and technology planning, etc.
- Good planner & results oriented.
- High integrity
Medical Officer, Outreach Clinic Donholm
- Review and examine patients consistently by performing such duties as taking case histories, conducting physical examinations, and ordering diagnostic laboratory and radiology studies in compliance with evidence based practice and established protocols.
- Monitor acute and chronically ill patients’ progress on a regular basis.
- Initiate discussions with patients and care givers to enable better diagnostic and therapeutic medical care and services.
- When necessary, carry out privileged and potentially life-saving emergency surgical and medical procedures.
- Provide evidence based screening and wellness examinations, risk assessment, early detection and education on prevention of illness.
- Initiate timely discussions with relevant consultants/departments to arrive at the best treatment plan for specialized cases.
- Establish links with clinic management and the main hospital to ensure smooth and efficient referral of patients.
- Work closely with members of the clinical and non-clinical teams to provide patient centric, coordinated care, reduce errors and waste and create efficiency in resource utilization.
- Actively participate in clinic quality initiatives in collaboration with the clinic management and Quality and Patient Safety team.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) or equivalent
- Successful completion of at least 2-years post-graduate Internship.
- Registration by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
- Advance Cardiac Life Support and Advance Trauma Life Support (ACLS & ATLS)
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.