Job Opportunities at Standard Bank Group Kenya,
Job Opportunities at Standard Bank Group Kenya
Standard Bank Group is the largest African banking group by assets offering a full range of banking and related financial services. “Africa is our home, we drive her growth” Our vision is to be the leading financial services organisation in, for and across Africa, delivering exceptional client experiences and superior value.
Manager, Business Enablement – Transaction Banking (TxB)
- Responsible for supporting the TxB Head to enable strategy, achieve minimum standards of service, adherence to governance standards, achieve budgets, manage costs and continuously improve operational efficiency of the team with clear objectives and established tools. Responsibilities are directed by the requirements of the TxB Head and align to the strategic objectives to business unit.
- Co-ordinate analysis and prioritisation of operational efficiency investment initiatives to ensure optimal use of limited resources while delivering to the unique client experiences as a decreased cost. Monitor business performance measure to ensure overall health of the franchise. Provide proactive time management support and coordination to managers in the team by reviewing requests (meetings, emails, calls) on a continuous basis and determine priority and action.
- Coordinate data input from variety of sources to provide a reliable view the client to the unique requirements the of country. Create and maintain a fit for purpose document and data management system for the team by monitoring data standards, version control, system access and permissions to ensure the data quality and value to the users.
- Manage costs and stationery inventory to ensure team Contribute to budget management for the TxB Business by obtaining cost Centre reports from the Finance Function. Review the information provided and provide information and summaries to the relevant managers to correct errors as required.
- Promote delivery of ideal client experience through practical application of client engagement and sales enablement models to provide client service teams with tools to best service clients in the markets. Oversee the co-ordination and preparation for client engagements on behalf of the TxB head team to enable successful client engagements.
- Re enforce operational resilience & agility within the TxB risk appetite framework & parameters. Monitor controls set by Group to identify & manage risks. Participate in meetings fulfil governance responsibilities including taking minutes, approval of minutes by the meeting chair & distribution to the relevant stakeholders within the agreed time period. Contribute to team governance by providing support receiving, submitting & obtaining approval for documentation from the right mandate holders
- Responsible to implement a tactical plan to operationalise the TxB Group strategy within the local context, client expectations and market aspirations. Track Group and selected local metrics to identify gaps and adjust the plan to achieve strategic objectives. Compile and distribute reporting dashboards to ensure effective monitoring of progress against strategy, decision-making and actioning.
- Scan the local environment for regulatory changes and coordinate action plans in partnership with Product and Country representatives to ensure continued license to operate within the local market.
- To assist with the implementation of organisational effectiveness initiatives and best practice standards within the local context to empower an efficient team. Provide support and assistance with communication tools such as Teams to facilitate effective collaboration across the team, regions and countries. Participate in the on-boarding of new team members by liaising with the relevant functions to arrange all logistical, hardware or software requirements.
- Type of Qualification: First Degree
- Field of Study: Business Commerce
- Business Management
- Business Support
- 1-2 years
- Able to establish networks inside and outside the organisation to gather information and influence key decision making.
- Provides evidence of effective communication to influence and drive change
- 1-2 years
- Has a broad understanding of the business operating models and client engagement models
- Adopting Practical Approaches
- Articulating Information
- Checking Details
- Convincing People
- Embracing Change
- Interacting with People
- Interpreting Data
- Managing Tasks
- Meeting Timescales
- Producing Output
- Understanding People
- Upholding Standards
- Business Acumen (Audit)
- Business Administration Skills
- Business Intelligence
- Client Relationship Management
- Risk/ Reward Thinking
- Technology Savvy
- Verbal Communication
- Strong MS Office knowledge
- Sound knowledge of banking products/services and the procedures underpinning them.
- Knowledge of the Code of Banking Practice.
- Basic knowledge of the functions of the various departments within the Bank
- Risk Management
- Strategy Execution
Manager, Business & Strategy Execution
- To support the Business Head to implement programmes, projects and initiatives to enable strategy, achieve minimum standards of service, adherence to governance standards, manage costs and achieve budgets, while continuously improving operational efficiency of the team with clear objectives and established tools. Responsibilities are directed by the requirements of the Business Head and align to the strategic objectives of the business unit.
- Collaborate with Marketing team to manage media responses and reputation management initiatives
- Collaborate with with key stakeholders (Risk, Internal Audit and Compliance) to understand required risk management practices to implement across the Business Area.
- Collate data input from a variety of sources to enable reliable reporting and dashboards in order to enable monitoring and decision making across the Business Area.
- Co-ordinate and monitor the delivery of vendors
- Co-ordinate the prioritisation of operational delivery and efficiency initiatives to ensure optimal use of resources and enable the biggest impact on strategic objectives of the Business Area.
- Develop artefacts required for the successful execution of approved interventions and participate in the execution these as appropriate
- Draft amendments to procedures operationalising new ideas and concepts
- Engage directly with clients to identify problems, find suitable solutions and maintain client relationships.
- Identify and escalate reputational risks, gaps or pain points which may jeopardise license to operate to line leaders.
- Implement and monitor risk controls on projects and for initiatives
- Implement tactical plans and manage projects to operationalise the Group strategy within the Business Area in order to meet strategic objectives.
- Monitor controls set by Group to identify and manage risks and effective governance for the Business Area’s activities.
- Participate in identifying resources required to efficiently execute projects and initiatives
- Participate in initiatives to address gaps or pain points which may jeopardise license to operate.
- Participate in, and guide, the implementation of employee communication, engagement and organisational effectiveness initiatives and apply best practice standards within the local context to empower an efficient team.
- Promote delivery of ideal client experience through practical application of client engagement and sales enablement models to provide client service teams with tools to best service clients in the markets.
- Stay up to date on developments, trends, legislation and industry regulations within area of expertise
- Track and analyse selected area metrics to identify gaps related to the implementation of strategic initiatives and make recommendations.
- First Degree – Business Commerce, Finance & Accounting
- Project Graduate Degree – Project Management
- 3-4 years – Experience in managing projects to completion to achieve defined business objectives or metrics.
- 5-7 years – Experience in influencing stakeholders at different levels across a multiple of disciplines to achieve shared outcomes, specifically within a financial services environment.
How to submit application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.