Job Opportunities at Ol Pejeta Conservancy (OPC)
Ol Pejeta is the largest black rhino sanctuary in east Africa, and home to three of the world’s last remaining northern white rhino. It is the only place in Kenya to see chimpanzees, in a Sanctuary established to rehabilitate animals rescued from the black market.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
- The Fundraising Coordinator plays a critical role in the behind-the-scenes operations of Ol Pejetas’ fundraising efforts by supporting effective donor acquisition, stewardship and cultivation through accurate and efficient data management and analysis. This role oversees the effective CRM administration of supporters, managing donation acknowledgement and processing, incoming enquires, onsite adoptions and donor visits.
Data Management and technology:
- Develop, manage, maintain and update donor databases, ensuring accurate and current records of donor interactions, contributions, and communication history.
- Segment donor lists for targeted outreach and engagement based on factors like giving history and preferences.
- Manage and maintain data collection systems i.e. CRM system ensuring all data is captured, updated and stored accurately and in a timely manner.
- Analyze data to identify trends and opportunities as well as potential risks in donor management.
- Ensure adherence to pertinent fundraising, data management, and ethical standards; keep records to prove responsibility and transparency.
- Maximize the use of CRM systems, donor management software, and other pertinent tools to simplify administrative procedures and promote efficient Communication. Create and manage CRM dashboards designed to enhance reporting and track donations
Gift Processing and adoption program management:
- Process and acknowledge donations made locally, ensuring timely and accurate receipting and acknowledgment of donor contributions.
- Coordinate with the finance team to ensure proper recording and reconciliation of donations.
- Identify and leverage opportunities to grow the adoption program.
- Oversee day-to-day running of on-site adoptions as well as manage distribution of donations and adoption material.
- Assist in drafting thank-you letters, acknowledgment emails, and other correspondence to donors, ensuring personalized and thoughtful communication.
- Collaborate with the communication team to prepare and distribute fundraising materials, newsletters, and appeals.
- Respond promptly to donor inquiries, providing excellent customer service and building positive relationships.
- Grow, maintain and champion use of effective and emerging campaign development and management tools.
- Provide logistical support for fundraising activities, including event planning and set-up, registration, visitor management, materials preparation, and post-event follow-up.
- Manage administrative tasks for fundraising activities such as scheduling meetings, coordinating calendars, and maintaining organized records.
- Collaborate with various teams within the organization, including finance, communication, and program departments, to ensure alignment and effective coordination of fundraising efforts.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Generate regular reports on fundraising activities, including donor engagement, campaign progress, and financial data.
- Assist in analyzing fundraising data to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement.
- Assist in tracking fundraising expenses and budget allocations, ensuring accurate financial management of fundraising initiatives.
Qualifications and Skills
- A bachelors’ degree in data management, information management systems, a related field. Experience in communication and data visualization is a strong advantage.
- Proven expertise and experience of managing a CRM (preferably Salesforce and/or Beacon) within the charity sector.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple fundraising initiatives simultaneously, ensuring deadlines are met and resources are allocated efficiently.
- Attention to detail to ensure accurate donor records, gift processing, and reporting.
- Strong analytical skills and high proficiency in using data to track fundraising performance, identify trends, and make informed decisions to optimize fundraising strategies.
- Ability to establish and nurture positive relationships and strong interpersonal skills to connect with individuals from diverse backgrounds and engage them in the organization’s mission.
- Capacity to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including communication, marketing, finance, and program departments, to ensure alignment and coordinated efforts.
- Skill in identifying fundraising opportunities, assessing potential risks, and adapting strategies based on changing circumstances.
- Effective time management skills to juggle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and allocate resources efficiently.
- Commitment to ethical fundraising practices and donor stewardship, ensuring transparency, honesty, and donor privacy
- Willingness to persevere through challenges and setbacks, maintaining a positive attitude and finding creative solutions.
- Genuine passion for the organization’s conservation mission and dedication to conveying that passion to donors and supporters
Interested and qualifying candidates should complete the online application and submit their CV and Application letter only to email@example.com with the words “Fundraising Coordinator” on the email subject line so as to reach us not later than 15th September, 2023.
Head of Implementation (Program Design and Implementation)
- The Head of implementation delivers the successful scoping, design and implementation of initiatives that support the conservation strategy at Ol Pejeta. Through this role, the organization ensures that it is proactively identifying, scoping, designing programs and projects that meaningful contribute to the organizations mission and goals. In addition, this role supports the accountability to donors by ensuring efficient and effective management of donor funded projects and programs.
Program development and planning:
- Supporting strategy development, monitoring and course correction (as required) – setting the strategy is a c-suite function but that process will need coordination which I think will require support.
- Support strategic projects that enhance the conservation and community efforts, and which support long-term sustainability and resilience.
- Supporting annual planning (work plans, budgets etc) across departments to ensure the organizations strategy is being effectively implemented and management can take timely management decisions around resource allocation (money, people etc.)
- Ensure annual plans are packaged as projects that can be translated to proposal and “sold” to donors as compelling projects with clear goals, timelines and funding requirements.
- Identify emerging issues, trends, and opportunities in the conservancy ecosystem to shape program strategies.
- Support teams to design and conceptualize innovative conservation programs, initiatives, and projects that address critical conservation challenges.
- Collaborate with fundraising teams to secure funding for program implementation through grants, donations, and partnerships.
- Contribute and coordinate the development of compelling grant proposals and donor engagement strategies by providing accurate and adequate data, program structure and resource requirements.
- Oversee the planning, execution, monitoring, and evaluation of conservation projects to ensure they meet established goals and deadlines.
- Ensure effective and efficient implementation of donor funded projects, meeting high quality standards and compliance.
- Provide a framework for effective project implementation including tool development and roll out, backstopping and coordination and technical support to M&E. and help build capacity of staff around Project Management.
- Allocate resources effectively and manage project budgets to achieve desired outcomes in time and in full.
- Evaluate program effectiveness and adjust as needed based on data insights.
- Adapt strategies to changing environmental conditions and emerging challenges while ensuring timely communication about these adaptations to the organization and her stakeholders.
- Establish monitoring and evaluation mechanisms to assess program progress and outcomes.
- Lead and coordinate report writing to deliver high quality donor reports, ensure communication of program achievements, challenges, and lessons learned.
- Develop and manage program budgets, ensuring responsible financial management and resource allocation.
- Uphold ethical conservation practices and ensure programs adhere to ethical standards and regulations.
Team Leadership and collaboration:
- Recruit, mentor, and manage a team of project management professionals, ensuring collaboration, clear roles, and a positive work environment.
- Build the capacity of staff and collaborators on grant, project and financial management, and other areas as needed for effectiveness.
- Provide guidance, support, and professional development opportunities for team members.
- Collaborate with internal departments, external partners, communities, and all impacted stakeholders and foster a collaborative approach to project execution.
- Develop communication strategies to effectively convey program successes, challenges, and impact to internal and external audiences.
Qualifications and skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in project management or a closely related field is necessary.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in programme design, implementation, and administration.
- Demonstrable leadership abilities with experience managing and directing interprofessional teams and service providers.
- Expertise with project management methodologies, such as planning, execution, monitoring, and evaluation as well as knowledge of project management tools.
- Experience managing large and multiple projects’ budgets, resources, timelines, and reporting.
- Strong collaboration skills with internal teams, partners, communities, government agencies, non-governmental organisations, and other stakeholders.
- Capability to create precise and persuasive reports, proposals, and communication materials.
- Expertise in data analysis and interpretation to inform decision-making based on evidence and programme evaluation.
- Innovative problem-solving abilities to address programme implementation obstacles.
- Strong cultural competence and ability to interact with diverse communities and cultures while respecting local customs and values.
- Dedication to ethical conservation practices, responsible resource management, and regulatory compliance.
- A genuine interest in conservation and a profound dedication to the organization’s mission and the preservation of natural resources.
Interested and qualifying candidates should complete the online application and submit their CV and Application letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “The Head of Implementation” on the email subject line so as to reach us not later than 15th September, 2023.