Job Opportunities at Kenya Wine Agencies Limited (KWAL)
Job Opportunities at Kenya Wine Agencies Limited (KWAL).
Kenya Wine Agencies Limited (KWAL) is the leading manufacturer and distributor of wines and spirits in Kenya , Eastern and Central Africa region.
- The job holder will be responsible for ensuring that the assigned machine runs optimally in terms of quality and quantity within a safe working environment.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Perform the adjustments and setting of the assigned machine to ensure quality output at their station and reduction of product wastage while upholding safety and product quality standards.
- Prepare all necessary tools, equipment and materials required for the assigned machine in compliance with the approved processes and procedures.
- Operate the assigned machine in accordance with the operating procedures to ensure proper operation of the machine and safe working environment.
- Inspect inputs and outputs for quality to identify causes of defects and rectify to ensure product quality and minimise wastage.
- Comply with all applicable quality, safety, health and environmental standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, BRC, IFS, HACCP, Organic, ISO 17025, SANS 1841) where applicable
- Carry out minor/routine maintenance of the respective machine, ensure that cleaning is done before and after every production run, and comply with plant/equipment scheduled maintenance.
- Liaise with maintenance for major breakdown and to ensure that the machines are serviced on time and routinely to reduce plant down time.
- Participate in the actual change over process to ensure the product quality is upheld in the next shift.
- Prepare and submit reports to the Line Controller of downtime and the product quality index at their station with the aim of driving enhanced performance.
- Inspect the quality of dry goods to ensure conformance to the established standards for a high quality product index.
- Minimize waste
- Responsible for volume control on the process control (filler)
- Record all breakdown
- Inspect Quality of dry goods
- A Certificate in Electrical, Mechanical or Production Engineering
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a production setting in a similar organisation.
- Working technical knowledge on basic machine operations and maintenance is an added advantage.
- Practical experience in use of MS packages.
- An appreciation of system thinking and how actions impact on other systems.
- Strong numerical aptitude and analytical abilities.
- Have proven verbal and written communication skills
- A good appreciation of safe working procedures.
- Diligence and ability to work with little or no supervision.
- High level of integrity.
- The job holder is responsible for planning, control and execution of all day to day aspects of wine making, spirit/ juice blending. This position directs, monitors daily winery operations, and oversees the operation of winery processing equipment, co- leading processes and manpower to deliver efficient output at the desired quality.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Wine making-fermentation, fining, racking, filtration.
- Co-lead temporary and machine operators to attain set goals.
- Monitor Winery jobs in progress and provide leadership in execution.
- System generation of Works orders as per production plan, Material issuance and system completion.
- Plan and avail raw materials for blending.
- Lead in blending of bulk for packaging at the desired quality, time and cost effectively.
- Review and approve blended bulk for packaging.
- Review and approve material reconciliation for completed Works orders.
- Review processing equipment logs.
- Taste and evaluate the final product to ensure the desired quality is achieved.
- Work with warehousing department to ensure required inputs are available in good time and the reorder levels adhered to avoid stock outs.
- Ensure all raw materials returned to inventory have the right quantity and containers are in good condition in line with the internal policies and procedures.
- Perform weekly, monthly and quarterly stock takes and order consumables timeously to ensure continuity in winemaking practices.
- A Diploma in food science and technology
- Certificate in winemaking is an added advantage
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a manufacturing company, three of which must be in a winery department.
- Practical experience in use of MS packages and ERP systems
- In-depth knowledge of production processes related to the manufacture of Wines/spirits/RTD.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to determine the root cause of a problem.
- Ability to set priorities and work independently within set guidelines.
- High level of Integrity.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.