Intern, East Africa Peace and Security Governance at Institute for Security Studies.
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations / View Jobs at Institute for Security Studies
The Institute for Security Studies (ISS) partners to build knowledge and skills that secure Africa’s future. Our goal is to enhance human security as a means to achieve sustainable peace and prosperity. The ISS is an African non-profit organisation with offices in South Africa, Kenya, Ethiopia and Senegal.
Intern, East Africa Peace and Security Governance
- The Institute for Security Studies (ISS) seeks an intern to join a dynamic team working on conflict prevention and governance in East Africa and the Great Lakes region. The intern will support research, writing, planning and communication tasks, and will report to a senior researcher. The position is based in Nairobi.
Overview of duties
- Monitor media articles to develop reports on conflict dynamics and socio-political developments in East Africa and the Great Lakes region
- Support primary and secondary research and analysis
- Support dissemination of research results and policy recommendations through written products and participation in events
- Contribute to identifying target stakeholders, peer groups, donors and beneficiaries
- Assist with monitoring and evaluation
- Assist the team with administration and logistics
Overview of requirements
- An undergraduate degree in peace and security studies, political science, international relations, law, sociology, criminology or a related field
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is required. A good knowledge of Lingala or Kiswahili will be an advantage
- Research, writing and analytical abilities
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Independent, creative and proactive
The contract will be for six months, and a monthly stipend will be offered.
Email your application to Mercy Rukenya at firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants must provide a cover letter and detailed CV, including at least three contactable referees. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.