Gulf African Bank is Looking for a Branch Manager in Nairobi, Kenya
Gulf African Bank is Looking for a Branch Manager in Nairobi, Kenya,
Gulf African Bank is Looking for a Branch Manager in Nairobi, Kenya
Jobs in Banking / Financial Services, Jobs at Gulf African Bank
The genesis of Gulf African Bank (GAB) can be traced back to 2005, when a group of motivated Kenyans envisioned establishing an Islamic bank as an alternative to conventional banking in the country. By conducting business on the principles of Shari’ah, the bank would provide an ethical and fair mode of banking for all.
Responsible for business development and operations of the Branch while ensuring staff engagement, customer satisfaction, profitability and growth in line with the Bank’s strategy
- Formulate marketing plans/strategies, for the assigned region, towards targeting of SME and Retail customers for the purpose of acquiring deposits and providing financing
- Prepare annual plans and marketing strategy to achieve the financial & non-financial goals of the SME and Retail business in the region.
- Identify and segment target market and develop new business to increase the portfolio and pursue growth opportunities.
- Market products and services and grow quality Retail and SME asset book focusing on long term development of mutually advantageous client relations while ensuring that all short-term objectives are met simultaneously
- Ensure adequate customer retention strategies are employed to attain growth from existing customers
- Enhance the Bank’s profitability through enhanced funded and non-funded income and management of costs to deliver on the overall financial performance of the Bank
- Implement the Bank’s business development strategy at branch level including growth in customer base with concurrent growth in branch liabilities and assets and meet targets set under annual performance plans for the Branch.
- Work with Business Heads of Departments to formulate and implement branch business plans, forecasts and budgets and ensure their control and periodic reviews
- Support the business development team at the Branch in understanding customer needs and proposing solutions based on a relevant combination of the Bank’s current product and service offering (i.e. offer a suite of products and services that meets the client’s needs)
- Identify and develop new and profitable businesses and sales volumes for all bank products while ensuring active cross-selling in all business development areas (Retail, Commercial, Treasury ), achieving targets for profitability, new customer acquisition, customer relationship growth
- Contribute to the uptake of digital channels by all customers of the branch.
- Support marketing initiatives and monitor and provide regular feedback on products performance.
- Build and deepen relationships with existing and new clients to achieve increase in share of wallet and revenues
- Drive revenue streams for the branch, both funded and non-funded income
- Create a smooth interface between the various branch functions of Retail, Operations, Risk Management, Credit, Commercial Banking, Treasury, and Customer Service.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by upholding world class customer experience defined around speed and accuracy – First Time Right
- Conduct personal visits to customers on a regular basis to optimize on sales and resolve all customer complaints and queries expeditiously
- Work with Customer Experience team to ensure that branch customers are provided with a one-stop convenient, efficient and reliable total banking solutions
- Ensure relationship managers and customer experience teams are in contact with customers to facilitate timely updates of any changes in the customer profiles and reduction of dormant accounts.
Operations & Compliance (Corporate Governance)
- Oversee customer service delivery, maintenance and improvement of service standards in order to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- Implement and monitor the operational risk management guidelines for the branch.
- Manage operational and business risks and costs to maximize profitability
- Maintain the look, feel and physical security of the branch premises, staff and customers.
- Monitor compliance with both internal and external regulatory requirements. Ensuring that Shariah-related, Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and other policies are adhered to; ensure compliance implementation and compliance with operational policies and procedures.
- Work closely with risk and compliance units to ensure effective controls to mitigate against operational and business risks.
- Oversee the collection of all the required information and documentation required for credit processing from the clients—the goal is to ensure that complete credit applications are presented to the credit team, and support the relationship managers in advising the client of any missing information that would delay the processing of the application.
- Keep customers (especially key customers) informed of the progress of their credit applications
- Follow up with credit risk department and other support units to ensure timely approval and disbursement of facilities (help resolve any issues with the client as needed)
- For high-value clients, contact the client immediately in the event of non-payment of a loan installment, and, if not resolved, take subsequent actions to recover credit in arrears according Bank procedures
Portfolio Management And Collection
- Manage Portfolio at Risk relating to the Branch within acceptable level as per defined targets
- Work with Relationship Managers and Assistant Relationship Managers in the region, and the credit monitoring team to prevent defaults on client’s payment.
- Ensure RMs monitor alterations in the client’s business and to be aware of forthcoming client’s financial needs
- Ensure Relationship Managers are in constant contact with clients and personally meet clients if required in the event of non-payment of an installment.
- Provide leadership, direction and pace to the branch team
- Build, develop and motivate a high performing team.
- Identify training gaps and recommend on required training interventions
- Monitoring and evaluating performance of individuals to ensure maximum effort is directed towards achieving the department’s objectives; carry out performance appraisals against agreed set targets while accurately assessing individual strengths, developmental needs and timely feedback
- Growth in Customer numbers, both Retail Banking and Commercial Banking
- Growth in liabilities, Growth in the Asset Book, Growth in revenues (both funded and non-funded)
- Compliance to processes, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Reduction of non-performing facilities
- Increased utilization of digital channels
Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Be a holder of Bachelor’s degree in Business related field
- Professional banking qualifications such as AKIB will be added advantage
- Knowledge of operational policies, procedures and legalities relevant to branch operations
- At least 5 years’ managerial experience in the banking industry
- Strong selling, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead teams and deliver business results
- Ability to successfully acquire clients, e.g. through activities such as identifying high-potential clients, make a compelling sales pitch based on a thorough understanding of a client’s needs, follow-up
- Strong networking skills, both externally and within the Bank & Good negotiation skills
- Dynamic individual, who takes pride in his/her work, and has the ability the thrive in a competitive and dynamic environment (working effectively under pressure)
- Ability to prepare an effective work plan and organize his/her time in a manner that enables that plan to be implemented
- Good product knowledge, both Shariah and other
- Problem solving and analysis skills especially within a business context; good business sense is a key requirement
- Professionalism, i.e. ability to win the confidence of, and work effectively with clients and colleagues
- Ability to function effectively within a team-setting
- Willingness to learn and accept feedback