General Support – Data Entry Clerk Jobs at Danish Refugee Council.
General Support – Data Entry Clerk Jobs at Danish Refugee Council
Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations, Jobs at Danish Refugee Council
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organisation founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries throughout the world.
General Support – Data Entry Clerk
Overall purpose of the role:
The role of general support – data entry clerk will be to ensure programme data and other protection data is accurately and ethically collected, stored, analyzed & shared in strict adherence to DRC’s data protection policy and MEAL guidelines. The role will also ensure is entered in a timely and accurate manner. Additionally, the role will ensure all other MEAL documents are updated on regular basis.
- Entering and updating information into relevant databases.
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation.
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents.
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost
- Storing hard copies of data in an organized manner to optimize retrieval.
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested.
- Crosscheck and verify data keyed into the databases for accuracy and correct incorrectly entered data.
- Ensure non-disclosure, confidentiality, security and exchange of beneficiary records and information.
- Assist the MEAL Officer with design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and learning plans.
- Assist MEAL Officer in designing, planning and implementation of strategies of collecting of data, its storage, analysis, report writing and sharing
- Assist with any other responsibilities/duties assigned by supervisor
Experience and technical competencies:
- Previous experience in data entry or equivalent experience in a related field a plus
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Experience working with protection information management systems and databases
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office Word and Excel
- Basic working experience or proficiency in data analysis and report writing
- Good command of English both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal, and communication skills
- Good time-management skills
- Team player
- A Bachelor’s degree in statistic, management information systems, in community development or any other social science, or
- A College diploma in any of above areas of study with at least two years continuous in similar position
- A computer training certificate
- English is must
- Somali knowledge is added advantage