Finance Associate at iHUB.
Jobs in ICT, Telecommunication, Jobs at iHUB
We are a globally recognised organisation that is deeply steeped in the local technology innovation culture. We’ve been both the main catalyst for regional technology acceleration and a role model for technology hubs across emerging markets
- The Finance Associate will make significant contributions to the preparation of financial reporting, posting of financial transactions, analysis of financial reports whilst building a foundation of experience in general accounting, business management and knowledge of I-HUB.
Duties and Responsibilities
Placements in different areas of finance operations as follows:
- Finance Administration: Posting of financial transactions into accounting software, and supporting the preparation of monthly management accounts of the company.
- Accounts Payable: Involvement in providing purchase to pay services by preparing payment file to be uploaded into the company’s vendor payment platform. This includes tracking payments, resolving issues with suppliers and purchasers, ensuring records are accurate and up to date.
- Accounts Receivables: support with tracking, reconciling, and controlling income as services are delivered through business systems and raising invoices.
- Bank Reconciliation: Managing receipts and payments through the banking process. Supporting the reconciliation of the bank account, ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner, making sure controls over banking are in place, forecasting cash requirements. VAT & Payroll – Ensuring VAT rules are followed, contributing to managing the payroll, resolving payroll issues.
- Support Compliance: Support with the preparation and remittance of monthly taxes including VAT, PAYE, withholding taxes on the tax platforms of the respective tax regulators etc.
- Produce financial statements including P&L accounts, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Project Billing: Support with project billing, and reporting.
- Provide accurate and sound management reporting (including P&L accounts cash flow, variance analysis and commentaries) to assist with key decision making across the organization.
- Support with the preparation of statutory financial management accounts for audit purposes.
- Carry out other financial administration tasks as assigned by the Director of Finance
- 1-2 solid years’ Accounting/Finance experience.
- B.Sc. degree in Accounting, Economics, or related field.
- Candidates should be passionate about professional development and learning accounting and financial management.
- Proficient in excel spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications.
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills.
- Proven knowledge of international financial reporting standards (IFRS), corporate finance, costing and financial reporting.
- Well informed in current financial subjects, tax laws, money market and business environment.