Careers at Kenya Medical Research – KEMRI,
Careers at Kenya Medical Research – KEMRI
Kenya Medical Research – KEMRI Jobs in Kenya
Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is a State Corporation established through the Science and Technology (Amendment) Act of 1979, which has since been amended to Science, Technology and Innovation Act 2013. The 1979 Act established KEMRI as a National body responsible for carrying out health research in Kenya.
The selected candidate will handle project accounting, logistics and administrative duties at the Clinical Trials site in Thika.
- Maintain project accounting records using QuickBooks
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate financial monthly reports on usage of project funds to multiple donors and sponsors for various studies.
- To prepare monthly study budgets.
- Monitor budgets utilization and communicate variances on a regular basis to the management and sponsors.
- To receive and account for office petty cash.
- Maintain complete and accurate office petty cash records and reconciliations.
- To assist in the management of office and study supplies.
- Effectively manage service providers and suppliers.
- Provide administrative, operations and logistical support to ongoing study activities.
- Manage project vehicles and coordinate transport.
- To implement financial policies and procedures.
- Assist in managing vendor and utility bills.
- Ensure all project equipment are well maintained and operating optimally and maintain fixed assets register.
- Maintain assets register and ensure that project equipment is well maintained.
- Any other duty assigned by the management from time to time.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Be a Certified Public Accountant
- Advanced excel knowledge and experience are required
- Exposure to QuickBooks accounting package will be an added advantage
Competencies and skills:
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- strong personal communication
- Mature and self-motivated
- High Integrity and confidentiality
- Experience of accounting and/or bookkeeping
- Excellent communications skills
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work independently
To support community engagement activities, participant recruitment and retention activities for a research clinic team providing services to young and elderly in the general population.
- Work with the clinic team to identify and recruit eligible persons for study participation
- Identify and support activities aimed at maintaining high retention of study participants
- Conduct outreach activities in order to engage eligible participants
- Attend and participate in trainings, team/staff meetings, and other events as needed.
- Bring to the study teams’ attention any problems, challenges, observed in study activities
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Education and Professional Training
- Diploma in Counseling, Social work, Nursing or Clinical Medicine from a recognized Institution
- Basic Counseling
- Basic IT and social media skills
- Knowledge of non-communicable diseases care will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 1 year experience with direct involvement in patient care or outreach- especially in non-communicable diseases clinics /centers
- Peer support, outreach and coordination an added advantage
- Should be familiar with the Ministry of Health systems
The eligible candidates will be based in Nairobi with frequent travel to sites within the Nairobi region and its environs.
Method of Application
Terms of employment
Employment is a one-year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
- All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements.
- Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates.
- A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: email@example.com not later than 21st September 2023.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WHO ARE ABLED DIFFRENTLY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.