Career Opportunities at Nairobi Safari Club; Application Email and Guidelines.
Career Opportunities at Nairobi Safari Club; Application Email and Guidelines
Take a look at job opportunities available in the hospitality industry or specifically at Nairobi Safari Club.
The Nairobi Safari Club has been a distinctive feature of Nairobi City’s landscape for decades, gracing the skyline with its unique white spherical design.
Head of Security Operations
- Responsible for overseeing and ensuring the security of Nairobi Safari Club through continuous monitoring and protection of facilities, personnel and information systems. Evaluates suspected security breaches and recommends corrective actions. To train, educate and develop all employees and security officers in all aspects of security and safety.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, standards and guidelines related to Hotel security.
- Responsible for physical protection including asset protection, workplace violence prevention, access control systems, and video surveillance.
- Oversee incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches, and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
- Serve as the focal point for security incident response planning and execution.
- Monitor receiving of goods, supplies, contractors, suppliers, guests, staff and dispatch of vehicles, equipment and goods.
- Prepare regular security reports and briefings on security operations, risks, and initiatives.
- Leads in development and management of the security budget, allocating resources effectively to meet security objectives and priorities.
- To select, train, coach, develop, manage and supervise security team to meet current and future needs of the department.
- Ensure the Hotel complies with relevant laws and regulations related to security and to ensure that the working environment is safe and hygienic at all times in accordance with OSHA laws.
- Observe team members in the Hotel, analyse operations and detect situations of concern with regard to both team member and guest behaviours.
- Operate with a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, ethics and integrity, and maintains a role-model image.
- Collaborate with and train where necessary on Hotel standards third-party security service providers and vendors to ensure the Hotel’s security needs are met.
- Continuously assess and improve security operations based on industry best practices, emerging threats, and organizational changes.
Qualifications and experience
- Diploma level and professional training in security.
- Member of PROASAK and other security related professional organisations.
- Five (5) years proven experience in a similar role or relevant position.
- Knowledge of modern surveillance & vigilance techniques, equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of first aid, fire safety measures, firefighting equipment and alarm systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of conducting investigations.
Front Office Manager
- Responsible for the management and organization of all areas of the Front Office, including the Front Desk, Bell Stand and Concierge. Continually strives to improve guest and associate engagement while maximizing financial performance and continuous development of staff associates.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Keeps Front Office team focused on the critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
- Conducts department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Office goals to produce desired results.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needing.
Qualifications and experience
- University degree in Hotel Management with a post graduate Diploma in customer care preferred.
- Computer knowledge a must.
- Considerable knowledge of computer systems for registration, reservations and backup systems.
- Above average mathematical comprehension to understand and interpret numbers as thy apply to operations in hotels.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English and Swahili language to communicate with guests and team members.
- Thorough organization and supervisory skills proficient in accomplishing tasks.
- Ability to develop subordinates to enhance advancement in the Hotel.
- Ability to analyze complex statistical data and make judgements accordingly.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts
Send a cover letter, CV & supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org