Area Leaf Manager Job Vacancy at British American Tobacco (BAT).
Few companies founded in 1902 are still going from strength to strength. Fewer still are leaders in more than 55 markets. And with one billion adult smokers around the world, we manufacture the cigarettes chosen by around one in eight of them.
Area Leaf Manager
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
You will need to drive and manage leaf centre agronomy & extension services to achieve agreed quantity, quality and cost objectives. In addition, you will co-ordinate and manage all operations in the growing region to drive business agenda and foster positive business image.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Timely prepare, obtain approval from the LGM (K), implement and continuously monitor a crop action plan for the production of the agreed quality, quantity and cost of tobacco leaf.
- Timely evaluate and communicate to the LGM (K) progress on the approved action plan and leaf centre objectives to enable timely, effective and efficient decision making.
- Provide professional & technical coaching and assistance to the extension personnel and farmers to enable them grow high quality and quantity of tobacco at optimize returns.
- Continuously evaluate competitor activity and put in place counter measures to maintain competitive advantage.
- Disseminate as appropriate company policy on Growing Tobacco to farmers and the community for good corporate image
- Implement, coach and ensure compliance by all direct and indirect reports on all company guidelines and policies (EH&S, Afforestation, SOBC, procurement, Collective Bargaining Agreement, General standing instructions, Work ethics, fleet, IT & Accounting, among another related policies).
- Timely plan, forecast & communicate materials & supplies (M&S) requirement for the leaf centre.
- Identify, evaluate & manage business risks within the leaf growing region implementing short and long-term management measures while obtaining necessary approvals from LGM (K).
- Maintain on an on-going basis, good relations with all local stakeholders and community, local and national government departments and also business fraternity.
- Direct and co-ordinate leaf purchases, to ensure that leaf buying is carried out in a timely and accurate manner.
- Effectively manage loan issued to farmers to ensure crop quality and quantity objectives are met while minimising risk of loan defaulting
- Timely prepare obtain approval from LGM (K), implement and continuously monitor the leaf centre budget to ensure the achievement of cost objectives.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Holder of Bachelors degree Agriculture, Horticulture or Food science and technology.
- 6 years’ experience in crop production field, Fast moving consumer goods, Agriculture value chain or Agriculture supply chain.
- Own a valid motorbike license
- Practical Knowledge of Crop production, grading and buying controls.
- Computer skills
- Self-drive and High Integrity