Amnesty International is Looking for a Systems Officer in Nairobi, Kenya,
Amnesty International is Looking for a Systems Officer in Nairobi, Kenya
Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations, Jobs at Amnesty International
Amnesty Kenya was founded in 2002 and operates with specific goals and objectives for improving lives and upholding human rights for the citizens of Kenya and the surrounding areas. These initiatives include, but are not limited to: Right to Adequate Housing and Safety in Impoverished Neighborhoods Sexual and Gender Based Violence Education on Improving…
The System officer will:
- Install, configure, and update software applications and operating systems across the Amnesty International infrastructure.
- Manage the MS Office 365 SharePoint platform. This includes implementing different access control measures, training staff on use of SharePoint, recover files and rearrange them when disruption occurs.
- Provide technical support to staff, troubleshoot systems related issues, and offer guidance on using organization’s systems and software.
- Monitor and maintain the organization’s server and network infrastructure to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
- Implement and maintain security measures to protect the organization’s data, network and systems from unauthorized access, viruses, malware, and other security threats.
- Ensure backup and recovery procedures are implemented on a regular basis.
- Administer Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) by liaising with the local internet service providers and the International Secretariat IT team.
- Assist the Finance and Administration team in implementing organizational systems policies and procedures including data security and policies, acceptable use policies and incident response procedures.
- Maintain a comprehensive documentation of systems infrastructure, system configurations, passwords, and procedures.
- Maintain Access Control System, office security systems and ensure they are always working.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Manager.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE IN THIS JOB?
- Effortlessly managing software, operating systems, and network infrastructure, ensuring uninterrupted and optimal performance for the organization.
- Successfully establishing and maintaining stringent security measures, shielding Amnesty’s data, network, and systems from unauthorized access, malware, and other threats.
- Swiftly addressing systems-related issues and providing impeccable technical support, empowering staff to navigate systems and software with confidence.
- Facilitating seamless communication across the organization through proficient administration of the Office 365 SharePoint platform, fostering collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Implementing and overseeing reliable backup and recovery procedures, guaranteeing the safeguarding and restoration of critical data.
- Skillfully managing Local and Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN) by liaising with internet service providers, ensuring dependable and efficient communication channels.
- Maintaining records of systems infrastructure, system configurations, and procedures, ensuring a well-documented and organized technological environment.
- In achieving these outcomes, the Systems Officer will contribute significantly to Amnesty International’s mission, upholding its core values and principles while enabling a secure and technologically efficient environment for advancing human rights.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- University degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Informatics, or related field.
- Certification in either Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), CompTIA A+, or CompTIA Network+
- Certification in CompTIA Security+ will be an added advantage.
- Minimum four years’ work experience in a related technical environment.
- Commitment to Amnesty organisational values, vision, and Article 10 of the Kenyan constitution.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and familiarity with ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics 365 preferred)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and handle multiple tasks sometimes under pressure.
- Commitment to safeguarding the confidential nature of the work.
- Experience working for an international or multi-location organization.
- Interest in continuous learning and adapting to new technologies.
- Hands on experience with at least two operating systems.
All applications must be received on or before Tuesday, 29th August 2023, 2359 hours (EAT)